Embedded Software Test Engineer
* MUST HAVE ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE *
LOCATION: Columbia, MD
Send resumes to: Recruiter (email@example.com)
- Design, develop, evaluate, and use custom test scripts/procedures to evaluate the effectiveness, readiness, and compliance of custom developed software in both hosted and embedded environments
- Configure network equipment such as routers and switches in support of software testing
- Document test procedures, results/bugs, generate test reports and generate presentations and support customer reviews covering the software validation
- Recommends and implements efficiency/coverage improvements to the software test process to include modifying procedures, scripts, and documentation.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot issues/bugs with products and tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- At least 1 year of experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and basic networking skills (OSI layers, TCP/UDP/IP/ARP) and network monitoring tools (Wireshark, SNMP)
- At least experience with Windows, Linux, VMWare
- 1 year of experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bat)
- Strong networking skills
- Knowledge of embedded hardware
- Basic knowledge of RF
- Basic knowledge of C and other programming languages
- Experience with software test and integration and use of static code analysis tools
- Experience in executing software verification testing following established test plans and procdures and documenting (buglist)
- Experience in troubleshooting, documenting and fixing test script failures or development of new scripts/procedures
- Experience in basic networking
Job Type: Contract or Full-time